Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thursday, April 7, 2016
Opa! The second installment of the 2002 classic movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” hit theaters on March 25.

Despite being released 14 years after the first movie, all of the major cast members came back for the making of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.”

Nia Vardalos and John Corbett came back to fill their roles as Toula and Ian, and Michael Constantine and Lainie Kazan were as funny as ever in their roles as Gus and Maria - Toula’s parents. Elena Kampouris took on the role of Toula and Ian’s daughter, Paris.

The first movie left off when Ian and Toula’s daughter was young, so the second movie picked up with Paris as a 17-year old senior. As she is looking at colleges, her big family does not want her to leave Chicago, but she wants to get away from her family.

In addition to this, Gus finds that his and Maria’s marriage certificate was never signed by the priest in Greece, so they are not really married. The result? A big, fat, Greek wedding!

Alex Jimenez said, “I loved the story line, and the way the actors portrayed the characters was hilarious.”

The sequel alluded to some of the jokes made in the first movie. While some people think that the new movie should have come with new and better jokes, I found that the way the jokes were done in the sequel added to a sense of nostalgia that made the movie all the better.

“I loved how much I can relate to the feeling of being overwhelmed by your family,” said Alexis Lee, “and how much it mirrored some of the same feelings I know my mom and dad are feeling about me leaving for college in a few months.”

Overall, I would highly recommend seeing this movie. It had me laughing so hard, so if you are in need of some good laughs, you know where to go.

“I would absolutely recommend that anyone who is getting ready to go off to college to see this movie with their parents because it really puts things into perspective,” said Alexis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment